Posted by Blueprint on October 15, 2010
In honor of the upcoming NOVA Fashion Week, our designer of the week is an up-and-coming designer (and friend) named Aidah Fontenot. We had a chance to chat with Aidah to learn more about her and herSpring 2011 collection that will be available starting in March.
- From where does Aidah hail? San Diego, CA
- How is it that we come to know Aidah the designer? My mom taught me to sew by hand when I was 4, I started making my school clothes in junior high and started my first collection in High school. I have been designing ever since.
- Any formal training to go with the natural talent? San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts and San Diego State University
- Hmmm so what exactly are you saying about your God-given gift Aidah? Aidah began studying fine art at the age of nine and her designs were being featured in museums by age 12!
- So what are we going to see for the Spring 2011 collection? Spring 2011 Collection is chic Aidah style with more edge. This season I am more influenced by the city, thus the collection is mostly satin. Sexy cocktail dresses, elegant gowns, and jumpers and suits for work. The collection is versatile; you can easily go from brunch to business to cocktail.
- Any faves from this collection? The most versatile is the Kaftan jumper. Its loose design can be worn casually with flats, yet the shinny satin becomes dressy with stilettos and diamonds.
- Let’s talk splurge-worthy pieces! My favorite from the spring 2011 collection is the Monique gown. The one shoulder design and color combination is uniquely stunning. The purchase of an Aidah Collection gown will include a private fitting where the gown is tailored on your body for the perfect fit!
- Which item is Blueprint for Style going to drool over? The high waist skirt with Maison blazer is a sexy power suit that is timeless.
- Other than fashionistas, who is the Aidah Collection created for? Aidah collection is for today’s woman who needs to look her best at all times and be comfortable; she is confident and wants to stand out.